Friday, March 18, 2011

For the past four days, I've been keeping up with my "3 tasks a day" commitment -- that's the longest stretch of time that I have kept the commitment... in a long while. I don't know how long I can keep this up, but at this point, I'm still pretty resolved to stick it. It's easy for me to fall into an all-or-nothing mentality, so I'll just have to keep forging ahead and hope I don't falter.

I still do procrastinate. Foremost on my list of things to do are the ton of unpaid bills and the fixing of my credit report after my identity was stolen. Every time I am about to embark on one of these tasks, I get a god-awful feeling of dread because of the seeming enormity of the task looming over me. I'll just have to practice what I've learned about breaking the task up into *specific* and more-manageable sub-tasks, and then tackle each of the sub-tasks in turn. And I also have to bear in mind that my *focus* should be on actually *starting* the tasks, not on how much I am able to accomplish in any given time period, or whether I can get it done on time, or how long it's going to take to finish the task, or any other contemplation  that oftentimes would overwhelm and dishearten.

No comments:

Post a Comment